We are now fully open and running here at the Davron Hotel. All areas of the hotel are open: our rooms, bar and restaurant.
Throughout lockdown we have maintained a high standard of cleanliness through the hotel and prior to opening our indoors we carried out a deep clean and additional risk assessments.
Loads has been happening behind the scenes to ensure our staff and our customers are looked after and have an enjoyable time with us too.
We have introduced some changes and procedures when you come to enjoy a meal with us.
- We have reduced our restaurant, bar and beer garden to a 1 metre zone as per the government guidelines, but we still have our own ‘Safe Flow’ system throughout to ensure minimum traffic and
bottlenecking at key points.
- Please try and maintain a 1 metre distance from other customers and allow for enough space when passing others.
- As per the governments guidelines: our public bar and restaurant allows a maximum of 8 people from 3 households together at one table, in our beer garden we can have a maximum of 15 people from 5
different households together at one table.
- Any customers experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (specifically: high fever, difficulty breathing, new or persistent cough, loss of smell or loss of taste) we ask that you remain at home and
contact the relevant health services.
- Our staff will be wearing face shields, we chose face shields for two main reasons; 1 – that it offers a high level barrier while still being practical and breathable and 2 – our customers still
get to see us speak and smile, which keeps the whole experience more personal and less clinical. Customers are welcome to wear facemasks should they wish.
- Restaurant table bookings can be made via telephone or through The Davron Hotel Facebook page. Bookings will be staggered and to further reduce traffic and we ask that customers adhere to
their booking time as best as possible.
- Bar tables and beer garden tables are worked on a first come, first served basis with no time restrictions in place.
- With limited table numbers, restaurant cancellations should be made at the earliest convenience to ensure we can rebook the table where possible. It’s important to us that we try to
accommodate as many people as we can and no-shows would jeopardise this.
- On arrival to the restaurant, bar and beer garden we ask that all visitors sign our log book. This will ask for some basic information and will only be used by the relevant government and
health bodies to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Your data will only be held for a maximum of 21 days after your visit and all personal data will be held and disposed of in a
safe and secure manner.
- Throughout the restaurant, bar and beer garden we have positioned sanitisation points in key areas and areas with high contact touch points. We ask that all customers use these frequently
- After you have signed the log book and sanitised your hands, if you are in the restaurant you will be shown to your table by your server. We ask that you please try to remain seated at all
times unless using the toilet facilities or leaving to settle your bill. In the bar and beer garden you are welcome to sit where you like following the mentioned guidelines.
- The restaurant and bar toilets have a simple one in one out system in place and we ask that all customers abide by this.
- Our toilets well be cleaned and sterilised thoroughly and regularly throughout the day at all meal sittings.
- All restaurant, bar and beer garden tables, seats and menus will be completely sanitised after each use.
- We have removed the children’s play area in our restaurant to: reduce contact points, reduce movement around the restaurant and to utilise the area to ensure tables are distanced
- To pay for your meal or drinks we are accepting cash, card and cheques. Where possible, we ask that you use contactless payment up to the value of £45.00.
If you have any questions please get in touch with a member of our team.
From our family to you!